which one is best MEAN stack or MERN stack web development ?
Posted on 3rd May 2023 04:12:03 in Development
Tagged as: MEAN stack, MERN stack, web development, AngularJS, React.js, MongoDB, Express.js, Node.js, front-end development, server-side framework, runtime environment, scalability, performance, ecosystem, maintenance, full-fledged framework, lightweight solution,
Web development has become an essential part of every business in the modern world. With the evolution of technology, there are various technologies that are used to develop web applications. Two popular technologies that have emerged in recent years are the MEAN stack and MERN stack. In this blog post, we will compare the MEAN stack and MERN stack and help you decide which one is best for your web development project.
First, let's define the MEAN stack and MERN stack.
The MEAN stack is a collection of technologies that includes MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, and Node.js. These four technologies make up the MEAN acronym, hence the name MEAN stack. MongoDB is used as a database, Express.js is used as a server-side framework, AngularJS is used for front-end development, and Node.js is used as a runtime environment for server-side code.
The MERN stack, on the other hand, includes MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, and Node.js. As with the MEAN stack, MongoDB is used as a database, Express.js is used as a server-side framework, and Node.js is used as a runtime environment for server-side code. However, instead of AngularJS, React.js is used for front-end development.
Now that we have defined both stacks let's compare them
- Popularity MEAN has been around longer than MERN and has a larger developer community. MERN is growing in popularity, but MEAN is still the more popular of the two.
- Flexibility MEAN is more flexible than MERN. AngularJS is a full-fledged framework that provides everything you need for front-end development. MERN, on the other hand, uses React.js, which is a library and requires the use of additional libraries for full front-end development.
- Scalability Both MEAN and MERN are scalable. They both use Node.js, which is known for its scalability. MongoDB is also a scalable database.
- Performance MEAN and MERN both have excellent performance. Node.js, used in both stacks, is known for its high performance. MongoDB is also known for its speed.
- Ecosystem MEAN has a larger ecosystem than MERN. This means that there are more libraries and tools available for MEAN developers than MERN developers.
- Maintenance MEAN requires more maintenance than MERN. AngularJS, used in MEAN, requires more updates and maintenance than React.js, used in MERN.
So, which stack is better? It depends on your project requirements.
If you want a full-fledged framework for front-end development, go for MEAN. MEAN is more flexible and has a larger ecosystem, making it easier to find developers who can work on your project.
If you want a more lightweight solution that is easy to maintain, go for MERN. MERN uses React.js, which is a library and requires less maintenance than AngularJS. MERN is also growing in popularity, so it is becoming easier to find developers who can work on your project.
In conclusion, both MEAN and MERN are excellent web development stacks. Your choice should depend on your project requirements, budget, and the availability of developers in your area. Whether you choose MEAN or MERN, make sure you choose a stack that is suitable for your project needs and can help you achieve your goals.